Monday, January 10, 2011

Linkage Vol. 1

So I like to add 'age' on the end of words. I promise I don't do it in fiction unless dialogue calls for it. But I digress. This is the first of my blog posts of links. Most of what I'm offering today is reading material as I begin editing my NaNo novel. Chuck Wendig's blog is fun times, I like his style. So here are his posts on editing from December:

Why You Need Help Editing
Edit Your Shit 1: Copyedit
Edit your Shit 2: Content
Edit Your Shit 3: Context
Structure Baby!

I do this because they were a pain in the ass to find on the terrible minds site and might be helpful to someone.

In other news, I put the first Lucas story up on Smashwords. Please, tell me what more needs to be edited in my shit. I want a few opinions before I put up a cleaner version. Editing never ends. Realize this now and your writing world will be a lot happier.

I am also a proud participant in Inkygirl's Word Count challenge.

I have made my first day of the thousand word goal(1349 to be exact), and so proudly display her web badge. I will get it in the sidebar soon enough.

What are your editing goals for this year?

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't that be "...the thousand word goal...?" I'M SORRY...I'M HALF GERMAN AND ALL ANAL (well, when it comes to other people's writing, which is why I ask you to edit mine.) Anyway, think I'm going to do the challenge myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::writes note to self::
    Can't post a link blog without copyediting.

    I hope you do CJ, will help me keep on track this year.

    ReplyDelete